From the Prayer Group - 2018 T3 Winter Holiday Edition
"And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him…." Hebrews 5:9 (ESV)
- Praise God for Jesus, who being perfect sacrificed Himself in our place, so that we through faith may receive the gift of eternal life.
- Pray staff will benefit from their conference this week, being better equipped for the task God has given them and will seek to honour Him in all they do.
- Pray for students returning to school next week to have had a restful holiday and to settle quickly back to school.
- Pray for Year 12 students preparing for Trials starting in Week 2.
- Pray for our school community, that the power of God’s word will invade the hearts and minds of unbelievers, that they will repent and believe God’s good news offered to them; and invade the hearts and minds of believers, to live each day in obedience to His word, not conforming to this world and it’s teachings. Pray His word will renew their minds and transform them more and more into His likeness.
Covenant Community News | T3 | Winter Holiday Edition
Covenant Prayer Group
Thursday | 9.00-9.30am | T7 | Prayer points can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org | Click here for things to pray and praise God for.
The 230 school bus travelling from Covenant to Allambie will now return to its old route and travel via Frenchs Forest Road West and East. Any student requiring to get off on Warringah Road near Hilmer Street should catch the 276 bus. The changes will come into effect on 30 July.
Year 7-10 Student/Parent/Teacher Interviews
All sessions will commence in Week 3 and finish at the end of term.
Junior School - Tuesday 14 August
Secondary School - Wednesday 15 August
If you have any questions please click here.
Wednesday 15 August | Consent forms were sent home in Term 2 and need to be returned ASAP.
Cheese and Toastie Customer Satisfaction Survey
Mandarin Stars Language Club
For Kindergarten to Year 6 | Monday 3.00-3.50pm | From 30 July - 24 September | Re-enrol for Term 3 or book a free trial lesson at email@example.com or 0425 852 282.
Drop off in Dell Street
A reminder to use the 'Kiss and Drop zone' rather than entering the school grounds to drop off your children. It has been noticed that cars stopped inside the gates can change the turning circle of the buses which is dangerous for students/pedestrians nearby. Cars driving inside the school grounds are reminded to drive slowly (10km/h).
Preschool parents are still permitted to park briefly in the visitor parking spots in the top carpark whilst dropping their children off.
Enhance Conference - The Cultural Conflict: The Invisible War
Saturday 4 August | 2.00-7.30pm | PAS | Click here to register or call Daniel Ryan on 0412 089 220 for more information.
Working With Children Check
- Everyone who holds a WWCC is now legally required to update their contact details, including any name or address changes. Penalties will apply to people who don’t update.
- Updating your details is simple. Please go to www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/check and follow the directions.
- You can find your WWCC number here if you don’t have it to hand.
- Other changes include - all parents attending an overnight camp must now have a WWCC.
- The first WWCC clearances issued in June 2013 expire soon, and more than 18 thousand people have already applied for their renewal.
- You can renew your WWCC number three months before its expiry date. You will receive a reminder when it's time to renew (provided your contact details are up to date).
The following non-uniform items have been found in Lost Property boxes. Please collect from the Office by the end of Week 1 of Term 3. After this date, all items will be donated.
- Turquoise blue Hart Sport singlet – Extra large
- Grey hoodie - Medium
- Very dark grey hoodie - Small
- Basics black hoodie with white cord and zip - Large
- Grey and blue GAP Kids hoodie - Size 10
- Purple t-shirt – with advertising for Boxing Fitness/Surf Skool and Belrose Eagles 2017 – Size 12
- Burgundy Canterbury NRL t-shirt – Medium
- Doyoueven black jacket with hood and zip – Extra large
- Navy blue sweatshirt – Size 16
- One pair of green shin guards
The Premier's Reading Challenge (PRC)
Congratulations to the students who have already completed the Premier’s Reading Challenge. Students have up until 14 August to complete the PRC. Upon completion each student should confirm with Mrs Watson that they have either entered all their books online, or handed in a written copy of their reading list. Once the books have been entered online, Mrs Watson will validate them. Those who have officially finished will see their name recorded on a list outside Mrs Watson’s office in the Junior Library.
Help keep Sydney's homeless warm this Winter
Click here to find out more.
Wakehurst Netball Club NetSetGo
The children were greeted to a wonder of lights in Preschool this week.
There were lights everywhere!! Trees lit up at the entry, branches decorated with lights, some flashing onto the ceiling, others hanging on the boards and illuminating our art work. There was one shining on a white sheet hanging in the middle of the classroom. On this colours and shapes that looked like buildings were projected. The children soon realised they could change the shapes around to represent other buildings. They were able to experiment with colour as they discovered that when you stack two different colours they create a different colour.
The science department shared some clear prism shapes with us. The plasma light and lava light added more interest and wonder. There was some wonderful experimenting with torches and making shadows. The dark room made the light shine even brighter. We enjoyed books about stars and the moon - God’s Vivid display every night.
We had a truly wonderful Vivid week.