Careers News from our Careers Advisor, Wendy Gilbert.
For more information go to http://www.coviecareers.com.
Knox Careers Night 2018
- Monday 28 May | 6.00pm | Knox Grammar School
- This free event is open to the public and is suitable for high school students and their parents.
Lots of exhibitors including UAC, many universities, TAFE NSW, Defence Force Recruiting and more.
- Click here to find out more
Inspiring Futures for Young Women Launch
- Event for parents, teachers, business professionals and community members.
- 12 June | 7.30pm | Brigidine College St Ives
- The launch will explain the IFYW campaign and why you should get involved. Hear the stories of women in different industries and be a part of the
conversation shaping the future of female careers.
- Click here to register for the launch
Emergency Services - NSW Fire & Rescue Open Day
- 19 May | 10.00am-2.00pm
- Click here to find out more
Fire and Emergency Services Role Suitability Quiz
- Find the right role for you. Click here to take the quiz.
FireFit Training Guide from NSW Fire and Rescue
- Firefighting is a physically demanding occupation. Tasks include carrying heavy loads including personal protective equipment, handling temperature
extremes, variable terrains and confined spaces, all of which impose unique physical and physiological demands upon firefighters.
- The FireFit Training Guide is based on an 8 to 12 week program, depending on each individual’s fitness level, and is available to help eligible
candidates prepare for the Fire & Rescue NSW Physical Aptitude Test (PAT).
- Click here for the guide.
NSW Police Force Eligibility Quiz
- Note: The first question is about a university certificate, which will make just about every school student ineligible, but the other questions
are interesting and you’ll learn about the requirements for police officers.
- Click here to take the quiz
Become a Paramedic - NSW
- There are three training pathways to becoming a paramedic with NSW Ambulance: Trainee Paramedic (Vocational ) pathway; Paramedic Intern (Graduate)
pathway; and Qualified Paramedic pathway.
- Trainee Paramedic (Vocational entry): Applicants who have no prior medical experience can apply for the Trainee Paramedic (vocational entry) role.
Through the Trainee Paramedic vocational entry training pathway, you will undertake the nationally-accredited Diploma of Paramedical Science
over three years, delivered by the NSW Ambulance Education Centre, Rozelle, Sydney. A minimum of 8 weeks of training is undertaken at NSW Ambulance
before going out on road. Click here for a copy of the Role Description. Click here for more information on the recruitment and selection process.
Study in Canada at UBC Info Session
- Monday 4 June | 6.00pm | Monte Sant’ Angelo Mercy College | North Sydney
- The University of British Columbia will be speaking to prospective Australian students about their courses and what it is like to study in Canada.
- Registration is essential at www.trybooking.com/VSHR
Study in Victoria Information Session
- Wednesday 6 June | 6.00pm | Monte Sant’ Angelo Mercy College | North Sydney
- VTAC and The University of Melbourne will be speaking to students about application processes for 2019 interstate admissions and what is new for
- Registration is essential at www.trybooking.com/URWQ